- Signwaving at the Peachgrove/Ruakura intersection at morning"rush hour" to find traffic flowing freely thanks to the ring road and school holidays.
- To a playground working group with plans for consultation with the community to include inviting those interested on a bus trip around the city. Helpful to have our playground maintenance guru, Reg on the working group bringing first hand knowledge of our playgrounds.
- A short meeting with our Waste Minimisation Officer to pass on the offer of the Tzu Chi Foundation to help with recycling education and awareness: part of their concern for the planet.
- On to the opening of the Runanga's kaumatua housing in Frankton with Tariana Turia doing the honours. Great to see the delight of the new tenants and the standard of the units.
- Called in to Te Whare o Te Ata, Fairfield community house to find they now have classes in Te Reo, Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin and a new drop in after school programme for reading to kids (thanks to our library staff for help with books) and a new Chinese seniors computer class. Frank, Bruce and Michelle - take a bow!
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Posted by daphne at 4:35 PM